Annual Creative Competition
Wednesday, 4th October, is our annual Creative Competition. If you were ever planning to pull out all the stops, then this is the time to do it. Jim Crew, one of the most respected camera club judges ever, has been enticed out of retirement for this event. Let’s bowl him over.
- Up to 3 prints only – no projected images.
- Altered reality prints, traditional prints, collages, mixed media, installations – all are acceptable.
- There is no need to register your entries on the website.
- Bring your entries to the hall by 7.45pm on Wed 4th October.
- Prints may be matted as usual. Frames are acceptable, but please do not use glass.
Some web browsers (particularly Firefox) have updated their security warnings. It is possible that when you log in to the club website to upload your EDI entries, you may see a message: “This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised.” “It is not recommended that you continue, but if you do, you should use a password that you don’t use for other important sites”.
Our website is not an ecommerce site – ie we do not sell items or collect money via the website. Therefore our website is not a “secure website” as we have not paid for a security certificate which would be needed if we collected people’s banking details etc.
HOWEVER we do recommend that you use a password that is unique to the club website, and avoid using a password which you use for other important sites, such as banking.
How to change your password
Go to Competitions
– Register your competition entries
Scroll down to EDI entries
Click “Login” link
Click “Howdy (your login name)” on top RH corner of page
Edit my profile
When you get a password, change it to the one you want
Click “Update profile”
NEW FILE SIZES for EDI competitions and image review nights
File sizes for electronic images for EDI competitions and image review nights changed on 1st March 2017.
The required file size is a maximum of 1920px wide by a maximum of 1080px high.
The file size is a maximum of 2MB.
Instructions for file resizing can be found here.
Note that this change does not apply to the Photo Gallery at this stage.
NEW EDI UPLOAD SYSTEM
You can now upload your EDI competition entries directly to the website
1. Click on ‘Competitions’ in the menu bar
2. Click on ‘Register your competition entries’
3. Fill in the Competition Entry form for all your entries in EDI, Mono and Colour sections
4. Then under ‘EDI Entries’ Log In and click to get the EDI Upload form
5. Upload 1 or 2 EDI images
6. Log Out